LLOPS Executive Board Meeting Minutes
Attendees: Mort Brinchmann (President), Robyn Hagle (Past-President), Crystal Norton (Vice President/President Elect), Christy Leith (Treasurer), Judy Davis (Secretary)
Where: Riddell Williams, Seattle, WA
Time: The meeting was called to order by President Mort Brinchmann on June 2, 2011, at 12:15 p.m.
The following items were discussed:
- The Board decided it would be better not to have a chapter table at the AALL conference this year as there would be a few members to staff it given low LLOPS attendance in Philadelphia.
- Discussed a number of issues related to committees:
a. Marketing Committee – Crystal will solicit member feedback regarding retaining the Marketing Committee as she recruits committee volunteers.
b. Some committees are part of the bylaws (“Standing Committees”) and can only be removed by a vote to change the by-laws by the membership, for example: Marketing and Grants.
c. Some committees (“Special Committees”) have been established by the Board and are listed in the Handbook; these committees do not require a vote by the membership to remove them.
d. Mort will confer with Rick Stroup about possible changes to the by-laws arising from committee changes and the transition from the newsletter to the blog.
- We talked about updating the look of the letterhead to match the blog. Robyn will forward the template.
- Discussed whether LLOPS should be doing more student outreach/mentoring. Suggestion was to have the Social Committee hold a Happy Hour in the University District and make an effort to invite both regular I-School students and students in the Law Librarianship program.
- Discussed archiving of the blog. Robyn will talk with Phillipe about the options. The by-laws do not address the archiving of the Newsletter (which has been replaced by the blog) but does address other records which are deemed permanent.
Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned at 1:15 p.m.
Respectfully submitted by Judy A. Davis, LLOPS Secretary