Do you know an unsung hero/heroine-volunteer in AALL? If you know an AALL member who has made a significant contribution to the work of AALL, but has not served on the AALL Executive Board or received any of the AALL awards for distinguished service,* please nominate them for the Volunteer Service Award!
Nominees can be recognized for:
- Volunteer service at annual meetings (Registration, Family Social Hour, Library Tours, etc.)
- Volunteer service with special projects (i.e. annual meeting service projects)
- Presenting educational programs at AALL Annual Meetings
- Chairing an SIS or serving as chapter president
- Chairing an AALL or SIS committee
- Representing AALL in an official capacity to an outside entity
- Active service as a member of an AALL or SIS committee
Application Information: Download Volunteer Service Award Nomination Form; Submission of up to three letters of support is encouraged.
Deadline: February 1, 2015
Award Presentation: The award will be a plaque given in the name of the Association and presented during the AALL Annual Meeting.
AALL Awards for distinguished service include:
- Marian Gould Gallagher Distinguished Service Award
- AALL Hall of Fame
- Joseph L. Andrews Legal Literature Award (fka Joseph L. Andrews Bibliographical Award)
- ALL-SIS Frederick Charles Hicks Award for Outstanding Contributions to Academic Law Librarianship
- CS-SIS Kenneth J. Hirsch Distinguished Service Award
- SCCLL-SIS Bethany J. Ochal Award for Distinguished Service to the Profession
- TS-SIS Renee D. Chapman Award for Outstanding Contributions in Technical Services Law Librarianship
Prior winners are listed on the individual award pages:http://www.aallnet.org/mm/Member-Resources/AALLawards