Kick off 2015 with some fresh ideas!
When: Join us Wednesday, January 28th at Noon
Where: Lane Powell, 1420 5th Ave #4200 Seattle, WA 98101 (Please check-in at reception on the 42nd floor with your ID.)
- Business Meeting
- Microsoft’s Julie Fontenelle and Stephanie Cunningham will demonstrate the use of SharePoint in law libraries
In case you missed it, the keynote speaker for the 2015 AALL Annual Meeting will be Terry Gross (the host and co-executive producer of NPR’s Fresh Air)! Registration for the Annual Meeting has not yet opened but is scheduled to open in February. For more information about Terry, visit the AALL Keynote Speaker/Opening General Session page here.
The AALL Leadership Development Committee calls for nominations for the 2015 Emerging Leader Award.The award recognizes newer members in their first 10 years of law library experience who have already made significant contributions to the Association and/or to the profession and have demonstrated the potential for leadership and continuing service. The Emerging Leader Award is presented to the recipient at AALL Annual Meeting.It is given in the name of the Association and carries with it a $500 cash prize.
Full descriptions of the award, the selection criteria, application information and past recipients are available at: http://www.aallnet.org/mm/Member-Resources/AALLawards/award-ela.html. Nominations must be received by February 1, 2015, and the selection process will be completed by March 21, 2015.If you have any questions, please contact Michele Finerty.
Do you know an unsung hero/heroine-volunteer in AALL? If you know an AALL member who has made a significant contribution to the work of AALL, but has not served on the AALL Executive Board or received any of the AALL awards for distinguished service,* please nominate them for the Volunteer Service Award!
Details at: http://www.aallnet.org/mm/Member-Resources/AALLawards/award-volunteer.html
Nominees can be recognized for:
- Volunteer service at annual meetings (Registration, Family Social Hour, Library Tours, etc.)
- Volunteer service with special projects (i.e. annual meeting service projects)
- Presenting educational programs at AALL Annual Meetings
- Chairing an SIS or serving as chapter president
- Chairing an AALL or SIS committee
- Representing AALL in an official capacity to an outside entity
- Active service as a member of an AALL or SIS committee
Application Information: Download Volunteer Service Award Nomination Form; Submission of up to three letters of support is encouraged.
Deadline: February 1, 2015
Award Presentation: The award will be a plaque given in the name of the Association and presented during the AALL Annual Meeting.
AALL Awards for distinguished service include:
- Marian Gould Gallagher Distinguished Service Award
- AALL Hall of Fame
- Joseph L. Andrews Legal Literature Award (fka Joseph L. Andrews Bibliographical Award)
- ALL-SIS Frederick Charles Hicks Award for Outstanding Contributions to Academic Law Librarianship
- CS-SIS Kenneth J. Hirsch Distinguished Service Award
- SCCLL-SIS Bethany J. Ochal Award for Distinguished Service to the Profession
- TS-SIS Renee D. Chapman Award for Outstanding Contributions in Technical Services Law Librarianship
Prior winners are listed on the individual award pages:http://www.aallnet.org/mm/Member-Resources/AALLawards
Many LLOPS and AALL members also retain ALA membership, and are gearing up for the 2015 ALA Election. Seattle’s own Joe Janes is a candidate for ALA President. Joe Janes has been with UW’s Information School since 1999, and is the current chair of the MLIS program.
Read more about Joe and other ALA Presidential Candidates on the ALA Election Information webpage!