Are you or do you know an AALL member who is already a leader while still in an early stage of a law library career? If so, please consider nominating that leader for the AALL Emerging Leader Award. The award recognizes newer members who have already made significant contributions to the Association and/or to the profession and have demonstrated the potential for leadership and continuing service. The jury can choose to honor more than one emerging leader in a year. The selection criteria include:
- The nominee must be a member in good standing of AALL
- The nominee must be in his/her first 10 years of law library experience
- The nominee must not have previously received an Emerging Leader Award
- The nominee must have made a significant contribution to the Association and/or the profession.
- The nominee must have shown outstanding promise for continuing service and leadership. Specific examples of his/her continuing activities must be provided.
Nominations are due by February 1, 2016.
For more information or to download the nomination form click here. If you have additional questions please feel free to call or email Sarah Mauldin, Emerging Leader Award Jury Chair, at 404-815-3538 or email@example.com.